This is one of the very few surviving three-storey jettied buildings of Coventry. It dates from 1500 and was formerly at 8-10 Much Park Street next to the present 9 Spon Street. It's semi-detached plan is also notable.
As a medieval city centre building it is larger and richer than the indigenous Spon Street
buildings. It had a parallel hall range at the rear of two-storey height of which one bay, with
a hearth in the middle of the floor. Was open on the roof while the other had an upper floor. The range was too fragile to restore but number 9 has exactly the same range.
In the front range the fire-place (FP) were of a later period and were not preserved. The spiral stairs (slightly altered). The carved lintel above this plaque was and in the cellar which was earlier in date than the buildings.
The building was dismantled and restored between 1970 and 1974 by the
City Corporation with the aid of gifts.