Amelia Opie green plaque in Norwich
Amelia Opie 1769-1853
Authoress and Philanthropist born in a house which stood on this site, married John Opie the portrait painter in 1798.
Amelia Opie, née Alderson (12 November 1769 – 2 December 1853), was an English author who published numerous novels in the Romantic Period of the early 19th century, through 1828.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Norwich
- Location: Between St Georges and Water Lane, Colegate
- District Council: Norwich City Council
- District Council Ward: Mancroft
- County Council: Norfolk County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Mancroft
- UK Parliament Constituency: Norwich South
- Region: Eastern
Tell us what you know about Amelia Opie green plaque in Norwich