Baker Lane Oil Cake Mill green plaque in King's Lynn
Baker Lane Oil Cake Mill
In 1899 a four-storey linseed oil mill and warehouse here was destroyed by fire. Rebuilt for Henry Leake & Son in 1900, making linseed cake for cattle feed. This tower became a granary after 1945, and was retained as part of a courtyard of apartments built in 1985-87.