The Blue Coat School is a preparatory school in Birmingham, England for children aged two to 11. The school was founded in 1722. In 1930, it moved from the northeast corner of St. Philip's Square to its current location on Somerset Road, on the border between Edgbaston and Harborne. It has 15 acres of gardens and playing fields. There are three sections to the school - Buttons, Pre-Prep and Main School.