Birmingham Central Library brass plaque in Birmingham
records that the original agreement dated 20th May 1381 for the appointment of a Chaplain for the
Chapel of St John's Deritend and a license dated
20th February 1382 from King Richard the Second to hold certain lands as an endowment for the Chapel,
came into the possession of the City Corporation in the year 1887, and both the documents being of great historical interest it was
agreed by the Corporation and the Trustees of the Chaplain's endowment that such documents should remain in the Reference Library of the Corporation, and that the Trustees and all other
persons desirous of inspecting the documents should have the opportunity of doing so, and in case they should be required in any matter
relating to the endowment, the Corporation hall produce the same.