ABBOT HALL. Abbot Hall was built on a medieval site in the fashionable Palladian style between 1759 and 1762 for Colonel and Mrs. George Wilson, reputedly to the design of Carr of York. Planned as a country house in the town, Abbot Hall soon became Kendal's premier residential address. It was threatened with demolition in the 1930s and 1950s but a charitable trust saved the building and now runs it as an award-winning art gallery.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Abbot Hall
District Council: South Lakeland District Council
District Council Ward: Kendal Highgate
County Council: Cumbria County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Kendal Highgate
UK Parliament Constituency: Westmorland and Lonsdale