The earliest parts of this church are 13th century although an earlier church is recorded by Domesday Survey of 1086. Most of the fabric was built about 1400-1600 when the town's cloth trade was at its peak. In 1553 Queen Mary gave the living to Trinity College, Cambridge, which is still its patron. The church is the largest in Cumbria and in the 19th century regularly accommodated about 1100 people.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
District Council: South Lakeland District Council
District Council Ward: Kendal Highgate
County Council: Cumbria County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Kendal Highgate
UK Parliament Constituency: Westmorland and Lonsdale