Old St. Catherines Church, Crook. This tower, built about 1620, is all that remains of the old Church which served the Parish from 1516 until 1887 when, because of structural defects, the body of the Church had to be demolished. The tower was allowed to remain as a local historical landmark.
It was restored in 1993 with the help of grants from English Heritage and the Lake District Special Planning Board and a generous donation in memory of Judy Logan of Birk Moss, Crook 1963 - 1989.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Back Lane
District Council: South Lakeland District Council
District Council Ward: Staveley-in-Westmorland
County Council: Cumbria County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Lyth Valley
UK Parliament Constituency: Westmorland and Lonsdale