College Street. Dame Allan's Schools 1883-1935. Dame Allan's Boys' School (first floor) and Girls' School (ground floor) by RJ Johnson. Dame Eleanor Allen founded the original schools in 1705 to provide a proper education for 40 poor boys and 20 poor girls of the parishes of St Nicholas and St John.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: College Street
Metropolitan District: Newcastle upon Tyne City Council
Metropolitan District Ward: South Jesmond
UK Parliament Constituency: Newcastle upon Tyne East