Cale Cross. This market cross where food was sold (Cale = cabbage) stood near this spot until 1807. First mentioned in 1309 it was rebuilt in 1783 to design of David Stephenson. Re-erected in grounds of Blagdon Hall.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Queen Street, nr junction with Sandhill and Side
Metropolitan District: Newcastle upon Tyne City Council
Metropolitan District Ward: Westgate
UK Parliament Constituency: Newcastle upon Tyne Central