The Glaziers Hall. The land in this area formed part of the site of the cloisters of the Church of St Mary Ouverie, now Southwark Cathedral. After the dissolution of the monasteries in 1540 it was sold and eventually bought by the Hays Wharf Company who built a three-storey warehouse here during the Napoleonic wars. A Georgian facade was added in 1830 and two more floors. The building was leased to the "Glaziers Company" in 1975. After careful restoration in 1977, it became the home of the Worshipful Companies of Glaziers and Painters of Glass, Scientific Instrument Makers and Launderers and is known as "The Glaziers Hall".
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Montague Close, Southwark
London Borough: Southwark Borough Council
London Borough Ward: Cathedrals
London Assembly Constituency: Lambeth and Southwark
UK Parliament Constituency: Bermondsey and Old Southwark