The Post & Telegraph
This building was constructed for the National Provincial Bank, between 1921 and 1923, in the Neoclassical French style of the latter half of the 18th century.
The bank was built on the site of several shops, including the premises occupied by the Brighton Gazette, Hove Post and Sussex Telegraph, which published its final edition in 1981. The bank ( by then renamed the National Westminster) closed in April 1994.
These premises were refurbished by J D Wetherspoon in December 2010
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: North Street
Unitary Authority: Brighton and Hove City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): St Peter's and North Laine