Back Wynd. This street is laid out on part of a croft which belonged to William Dunbar in 1374 and to the Blackfriars from 1398-1560. However the street itself was not formally laid out to houses until 1594.
In the 17th century Back Wynd was known as Aedie's Wynd. Before the construction of Union Street Back Wynd provided access to and from the Green.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Back Wynd side of Screen in front of St Nicholas Churchyard
Unitary Authority: Aberdeen City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): George St/Harbour
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Aberdeen Central