Drum's Lane on the site of Lady Drum's Hospital. In 1633 Marion Douglas, Lady Drum, mortified a sum of 3,000 merks for a commodious house for poor widows and aged virgins.
Building began in 1671. By 1721 the house also accommodated daughters of Burgesses of Guild.
The area was redeveloped and Drum's Lane laid out in 1798.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Unitary Authority: Aberdeen City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): George St/Harbour
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Aberdeen Central