Netherkirkgate. Although first reference to Netherkirkgate, or 'Lower Church Road', dates from 1382, it may be on the line of Vicus Fraxini or 'Way of the Ash tree', which is the earliest recorded street in Aberdeen (1212). Netherkirkgate incorporated one of the Burgh's six ports, or lockable gates.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: frontage of Holland Barret, Netherkirkgate
Unitary Authority: Aberdeen City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): George St/Harbour
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Aberdeen Central