Sugar House Lane. In 1776 a Sugar House was established here, where raw sugar from the Americas was refined for resale.
This was one of several businesses in Aberdeen which were involved in the trans-Atlantic trade of slave-produced goods. Sugar House Lane was eventually formed in the ground which once belonged to the Sugar House Company.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: Sugarhouse Lane
Unitary Authority: Aberdeen City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): George St/Harbour
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Aberdeen Central