Victoria Bridge. Erected following the Dee Ferry Boat Disaster, which claimed the lives of 32 people on 5 April 1876.
Formally opened 2 July 1881, it was partly funded by public contribution.
The link provided by the bridge allowed direct access for carriages from Torry, via Market Street, to the heart of Aberdeen.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: west side of Victoria Bridge, under lamp post
Unitary Authority: Aberdeen City Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Torry/Ferryhill
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Aberdeen South and North Kincardine