To the west of the Cathedral lie buried the remains of the bathhouse of the Roman Second Augustan Legion built c. AD60, replaced c. AD 80 by the basilica and forum of the new town Isca Dumnoniorum, which remained until the 5th century. An Anglo-Saxon minster stood here from the 7th century, elevated to cathedral status in 1050.
Plaque Colour: Black
Local area map loading...
Location: near cathedral
District Council: Exeter City Council
District Council Ward: St David's
County Council: Devon County Council
County Council Electoral Division: St David's and St James