Caudwell's Mill stands by the River Greet on the site of Southwell's medieval Burgage Mill. Much of the grain from local farms was ground here. In 1851 the Greet Mill was acquired by the Caudwell family. The mill's capacity was greatly increased. Disastrous fires in 1867, 1893 and in 1917 led to considerable re-building. By the early 1900's "Greet Lily Flour" won many awards for its fine quality. The mill closed in 1977 and in 1989 was converted to apartments.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
District Council: Newark and Sherwood District Council
District Council Ward: Southwell East
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Southwell and Caunton