In 1807 some members of Glenorchy Church broke away from the original congregation, after a dispute. They began to worship in this house (built late 18th century), which belonged to Richard Staple, their Elder. It became known as "The Little Revenge". In 1817 the adjacent church houses were turned into a chaprl which sufficed until 1893. In that year it was rebuilt in its present form, the cottage becoming the Manse and later the Sunday School.
Reconciliation with Glenorchy Church took place in the mid 20th century, resulting in the Chapel's closure. The house had already reverted to residential use.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Little Bicton Place
District Council: East Devon District Council
District Council Ward: Exmouth Town
County Council: Devon County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Exmouth Littleham and Town