Clifford's Fort. Completed in 1672 and named after Lord Clifford of Cabal, this fort was first armed with 20 x 20 pdr and ten x 10 pdr cannons. Commanded by Governor of Tynemouth Castle until 1839. Headquarters of Tyne Division Royal Engineers (Volunteers) Submarine Miners 1888-1928.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Fish Quay
Metropolitan District: North Tyneside Borough Council