Blue plaque № 11505 in Tewitfield
8 locks at Tewitfield, raised the Lancaster Canal 75 feet in half a mile. These were the only ones on the 57 miles of canal between Preston and Kendal. In use 1819-1942.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Yealand Conyers
- Location: Canal
- Parish: Yealand Conyers
- District Council: Lancaster City Council
- District Council Ward: Silverdale
- County Council: Lancashire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Lancaster Rural North
- UK Parliament Constituency: Morecambe and Lunesdale
- Region: North West
Tell us what you know about Blue plaque № 11505 in Tewitfield