Jacob Chivers 1815-1883
Owner of Kidwelly Tin Works 1858 - 1877
He modernised the works by introducing steam power and was instrumental in bringing a piped water supply to the town. Born in the Forest of Dean, he was deeply religious and not Welsh speaking. He built this chapel in 1866 in order that he and others could worship in the English language.