Low Mill Foundry, owned by WM.Smith & Co., stood on this site from 1869 - 1991. The company, which began in 1867, took the name of "Low" Mill from its original premises which had been a riverside watermill, situated lower downstream than Barnard Castle's other industrial sites.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: 10 Hall Street
Parish: Barnard Castle
Unitary Authority: Durham County Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Barnard Castle East