This building was erected by public subscription as a testimonial to H.T.M. Witham Esq. of Lartington Hall after his death in 1844. It housed medical and educational facilities which Mr. Witham as a public benefactor had worked to provide for the town and district. He was an eminent geologist and was a founder member of The Royal Geological Society.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: 3 Horsemarket
Parish: Barnard Castle
Unitary Authority: Durham County Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Barnard Castle East