Reginald and John Atkinson began printing their weekly newspaper THE TEESDALE MERCURY on these premises in 1880. Earlier, since launching the Mercury in 1854, they had produced it 25 yards to the right of here, at what became part of the Natwest Bank.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: 24 Market Place
Parish: Barnard Castle
Unitary Authority: Durham County Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Barnard Castle West