The Manor House. Originating in the 14th century and formerly known as The Castle, this mainly 17th century house was built on the remains of the Roman Fort. By 1804 it was divided into cottages. In 1955 it was saved from demolition when Percy Dalton donated it to the community. It was converted into the Art Gallery and Museum in 1961.