Grange-Over-Sands Station. The Ulverstone & Lancaster Railway was opened through the first station on this site on 27th August 1857: the first passenger train ran on 1st September. The Furness Railway, having absorbed the U&LR in 1862, commissioned the architect Edward Graham Paley of Lancaster to design the present station, which was built in 1864-72. The station is listed Grade II and stands in a Conservation Area. It was restored in 1997/98.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Lindale Road
District Council: South Lakeland District Council
District Council Ward: Grange North
County Council: Cumbria County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Grange
UK Parliament Constituency: Westmorland and Lonsdale