Bluecoat Hospital. This was the site of the medieval hospital of St. John the Baptist. The present building dating from 1717 was a charity school founded by Bishop Stratford in 1700 to house and educate poor boys. Bluecoat School with it's distinctive uniform, continued until 1949.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Bluecoat Hospital, Northgate Street
Unitary Authority: Cheshire West and Chester Council