Stanley Palace. Built in 1591 by Peter Warburton, Vice-Chamberlain of Chester Exchequer, later the town house of the Stanleys of Alderley. In 1889 it was bought by the Earls of Derby and presented to the City Corporation in 1929. It was restored and extended towards Watergate Street in 1935.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Stanley Palace, Watergate Street
Unitary Authority: Cheshire West and Chester Council