Bear and Billet. This outstanding timber building was originally the Town House of the Earls of Shrewsbury, Sergeants of the Bridgegate in the Mid 17th Century. Dated 1664, it may have replaced an earlier house destroyed during the civil war. It has been an inn since the 18th Century.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Lower Bridge Street
Unitary Authority: Cheshire West and Chester Council