The Bridgegate. The medieval gate guarding the approach to Chester from North Wales was flanked by two defensive towers. In 1601 a water tower was built above the gate supplying piped water to the city. The present arch designed by Joseph Turner was built by Chester corporation in 1782.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: The Bridgegate, Lower Bridge Street
Unitary Authority: Cheshire West and Chester Council