Built around the 1760s, the monument may have replaced an earlier structure that stood as a guide post to the 'cowford'. In April 1812 an army of Luddites met here prior to an attack on Cartwrights Mill at Rawfolds.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Wakefield Road
Metropolitan District: Kirklees Borough Council
Metropolitan District Ward: Liversedge and Gomersal