The Lake Lock Railroad, probably the world's first public railway, crossed Aberford Road here. It was opened in 1798 to carry coals from the Outwood area to the Aire and Calder Navigation at Lake Lock.
Erected: 1 January 2000
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: The Sycamores, corner of Aberford Road and Lake Lock Road
Metropolitan District: Wakefield City Council
Metropolitan District Ward: Stanley and Outwood East