Holmfirth Technical College
Built by public subscription and opened in
1894 it provided technical and manual education
outside the elementary system.
From 1907 to 1932 it also provided accommodation
for Holmfirth's first secondary school until new
premises were built in Honley.
In 1959 it became a Further Education Centre
following the transfer of all technical courses
to Huddersfield Technical College.