The Town Hall
Rebuilt in 1834, with arcaded market space below, this was the administrative centre of the town from c.1598 when the Earl of Pembroke granted the site to the Burgess probably to replace an earlier hall in Twyn Square. The courts Leet and of Frankpledge and the petty sessions sat here, as did quarter sessions for some years. The first county police headquarters was here, as was the town lock-up and fire station. The Town Council, by then the Urban District Council, last sat in the hall in 1936.