The Leeds Rifles. A volunteer corps raised by resolution of Leeds Town Council in 1859 when the Government feared the French might invade Britain. This headquarters, Carlton Barracks, was built in 1887 and remained the home of the Leeds Rifles until disbandment in 1969.
Erected: 8 November 2006
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Carlton Barracks, Carlton Hill, LS7
Metropolitan District: Leeds City Council
Metropolitan District Ward: Hyde Park and Woodhouse