River Don Engine A three-cylinder 12,000hp engine with Joy Valve Gear, one of the most powerful surviving steam engines in the world. Built in 1905 by Davy Brothers of Sheffield, and installed at Cammell's Grimesthorpe Works to drive an armour plate rolling mill, this engine was transferred to the River Don Works of English Steel Corporation where it remained until Easter 1978.
Erected: 10 October 1985
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Kelham Island Industrial Museum, Alma Street