Site of Tynemouth Lighthouse A lighthouse was built here in 1664 using stone from the Priory. It is likely that this tower replaced a medieval light in the Priory buildings. Demolished in 1898 and replaced by St. Mary's Lighthouse.
Erected: 1 January 1986
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Tynemouth Coastguard Station
Metropolitan District: North Tyneside Borough Council