Blue plaque № 9259 in Pontefract
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
Shoemarket The "seldes" or small shops of cobblers are recorded in 1258. These small shops developed on the site of the open market which originally extended from the Town Hall to the Court House.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Pontefract
- Location: Pontefract library, Shoemarket
- Metropolitan District: Wakefield City Council
- Metropolitan District Ward: Pontefract North
- UK Parliament Constituency: Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford
- Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
Tell us what you know about Blue plaque № 9259 in Pontefract