Blue plaque № 9262 in Ackworth
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
Ackworth Plague Stone Associated with the outbreak of plague in 1645. The hollow was intended to hold vinegar to disinfect coins used in payment for supplies left at the boundaries.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Ackworth
- Location: just north of Ackworth on the Pontefract road
- Parish: Ackworth
- Metropolitan District: Wakefield City Council
- Metropolitan District Ward: Ackworth, North Elmsall and Upton
- UK Parliament Constituency: Hemsworth
- Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
Tell us what you know about Blue plaque № 9262 in Ackworth