Liquorice liquorice was introduced to Pontefract as a medicinal plant in the Middle Ages. It was probably brought by crusaders returning from the Middle East to Pontefract Castle or by monks travelling to the town's monasteries. This road links Dunhill's, founded in 1760, and now Haribo, to the former liquorice works of Robinson and Wordsworth founded in 1877.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Haribo, Cornmarket
Metropolitan District: Wakefield City Council
Metropolitan District Ward: Pontefract North
UK Parliament Constituency: Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford