Bournemouth Town Hall and George Tapps blue plaque in Bournemouth
Town Hall Buildings
Sir George Tapps built the thatched "Ashley Cottages" here in 1812.
In 1875 Bournemouth's first Town Hall was built on this site.
The civic offices, which later became the Criterion Hotel, survive at the front, but with an 1898 facade.
The hall was converted into an arcade in 1886 and refurbished in 1962 and 1991.