The Harp Festival of 1792 was held in the Assembly Rooms, on the upper floor of this building. It began life as a single-storey arcaded market house or 'exchange' in 1769. The upper floor was added in 1776 and Charles Lanyon italianised the exterior in 1845. Known as the 'Four Corners', all milestones out of Belfast were once measured from here.
Plaque Colour: Bronze
Local area map loading...
Location: Exchange and Assembly Rooms, Donegall Street