This bridge was opened by His Royal Highness the Duke of York K.G. on the 4th July 1930.
The foundation stone was laid on the 18th April 1929 by The Worshipful The Mayor, Councillor Percy Boyle M.B.E., J.P., during whose mayorality the bridge was completed.
Percy Smallman, Town Clerk. Bolton and Lakin Limited, general contractors. H.W. Fitzsimons B.Sc., M.Inst.C.E., engineer. The Cleveland Bridge and Engineering Co. Ltd., steelwork contractors. R.W. Vine, Borough Surveyor.
Erected: 4 July 1930
Plaque Colour: Bronze
Local area map loading...
Location: St Thomas Street
District Council: Weymouth and Portland Borough Council