Church Bridge. The original arch, wrecked in 1857 by flood, was replaced by wrought iron girders. These had become unsafe by 1994 and were replaced by the present deck of iron beams cast in 1847 at Leeds for a railway bridge at Ripon.
Closure of the railway allowed their incorporation here, together with the repaired Victorian parapets and converted gas lamps, in 1995.
Designer: North Yorkshire Consultancy, Northallerton
Main Contractor: P.B.S. Construction, Middlesbrough
Opened by: County Councillor Eileen Bosomworth