Mead House School. The inscription above the front door reads 'ESTABLISHMENT FOR YOUNG GENTLEMEN' and is a reference to the Biggleswade Academy for boys founded by John Conquest in 1834. Behind this building stands the former school. Both buildings together with nos. 52-58 Shortmead Street are now converted into 11 flats.
Plaque Colour: Brown
Local area map loading...
Location: Elphick Court, Shortmead Street
Unitary Authority: Central Bedfordshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Biggleswade North
UK Parliament Constituency: North East Bedfordshire