Council Schools. The British Board School was built in 1874 for 200 boys, enlarged in 1905 to accommodate 200 boys, 200 girls and 213 infants and was known as 'The Council Schools'. This was the main school in the town for nearly 50 years before changing to a Secondary Modern School, then St Andrews Lower School in 1964. Closed 1988.
Plaque Colour: Brown
Local area map loading...
Location: Rose Lane
Unitary Authority: Central Bedfordshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Biggleswade North
UK Parliament Constituency: North East Bedfordshire