The Royal Baths. The Royal Baths were built from 1894-7 by London architects Bagalley and Bristowe, winners of the Harrogate Corporation competition and opened by H.R.H. The Duke of Cambridge on 23rd July 1897. The sulphur and kissingen springs beneath the building are amongst the finest in England. The major extension of 1936-9, designed by Leonard Clarke replaced the Winter Gardens with the Lunge Hall and Fountain Court. The development of the Royal Baths occurred a few years before the building of the Royal Hall and Roundhill Reservoir which together must represent an almost unparalleled example of municipal enterprise.
Plaque Colour: Brown
Local area map loading...
Location: Crescent Road
District Council: Harrogate Borough Council
District Council Ward: Low Harrogate
County Council: North Yorkshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Harrogate Central
UK Parliament Constituency: Harrogate and Knaresborough