Steeple or Bell Tower. The Steeple or Bell Tower was added to the 12th Century church c 1500, the east gable of which has survived. In 1635 a new bell, the work of Michael Burgerhuys of Middleburg, Holland, was presented to the parish church by the citizens of Rutherglen. By 1655, this bell was used by both town and church when the town council ordered it to be rung at 5am and 10pm daily.
Plaque Colour: Brown
Local area map loading...
Location: Old Parish Church graveyard, Main Street, G73 1JP
Unitary Authority: South Lanarkshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Rutherglen Central and North
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Rutherglen
Scottish Parliament Region: Glasgow
UK Parliament Constituency: Rutherglen and Hamilton West